Home brewing: Cold Brew Coffee
What you'll need:
-Coffee bean grinder
-3/4 cup of our PNG - Kainantu coffee, coarsely ground
-4 cups filtered water
Yields: About 3.5 cups of cold brew
Tips: The easiest method for home-made cold brew is to use a cold brew maker like this one. If you don't have one, a french press works, too. If you want a brighter, fruitier cold brew, we suggest using our Burundi - Mutana Hill coffee.
1. Measure 3/4 cup of coffee beans and toss into coffee grinder.
2. Using the coarsest setting, grind the coffee beans.
3. Pour ground coffee into mesh sieve filter or french press.
4. Slowly pour 4 cups of filtered water into the grounds.
5. Give it a good stir, cover, and refrigerate for 18-24 hours before removing grounds, or let steep at room temperature for 12-18 hours before removing grounds and refrigerating.
6. Adjust taste by letting steep longer if it's not strong enough, or adding water to dilute if it's too strong.